The popularity and increasing interest in advertising on social media has been witnessing a steady upward trend consistently from past few years. It is an emerging sector in advertisement, which became popular and will continue to blossom. It is comparatively inexpensive than the conventional modes of advertisement and much more effective. Social media marketing required less human and physical resources for developing, initiating and maintain a marketing campaign. Printing and distributing brochures, flyers, pamphlets or other printed materials among the people are old stories these activities have been replaced with e-newsletters, online flyers, fan pages and brand channels. It had significant impact on our day to day life that changes the way of communicating and interacting with our customers/clients around the world. Only a computer, internet connection and online marketing strategy are required to start connecting with millions of people instantly.
Impact of Marketing on Social Media Networking Sites
The use of social networking in business context has a major impact on business world. It is considered as the most effective and efficient business building practices. It gives access to massive audience from all over the world without paying hefty amount in advertising budgets. With the effectiveness of social media marketing, sensitiveness is a major factor that must be considered. Following are some of the major areas of Doâ€™s and Donâ€™ts which has to be addressed before initiating a social media marketing campaign.
Do's And Don'ts of Social Media Marketing
- The important of all is you need to have a clear and distinct Online Marketing Plan
- The online marketing plan should go hand in hand with your Social media Marketing strategy and both should complement each other.
- You need to have clear and precise information about your target market and audience.
- The approach and strategy to address the target market should be Unique and Exact.
- Eliminate unpracticed hit and trial methods if youâ€™re starting the campaign first time
- Remember running a social media marketing campaign youâ€™re actually addressing thousands or millions of potential/existing clients, even a smaller mistake can generate significant blowback.
- If youâ€™re not sure what youâ€™re doing and how youâ€™re you MUST consult a professional Social Marketing Agency to help you in crafting or developing a plan that best suits your business needs
- Make a log report of your activities and results observed and make frequent adjustment to ripe maximum results
- Generate a final documentation that should include all the logs, chart down your experience and outcome you received. These reports will facilitate you greatly in your next marketing campaigns.
Why Preferring Advertisement on Social Media Networks?
Advertising on social media have several advantages which includes
- Relatively cheap as compared to other traditional means of advertising
- Provides quick and easy reach to not only existing customers but to potential customers with promotions, sales and discounts packages.
- Highly effective marketing mode, because these campaign is pitched to millions of users from all over the world.
- Eliminates barrier between customers/clients and the company with easy two-way flow of information
- Provide platform and polls to determine consumer attitudes, brand perception and purchasing patterns.
- Help in boosting sales and revenues.
- Equally effective for businesses of all sizes from small venture to conglomerates.
- Traffic can easily control on social media.
- Greater steer to the marketing campaign throughout the term
- Sophisticated and advanced performance tracking and quantitative results calculation
- Pin-point targeting the target audience.